Dance Physiotherapy and Health Promotion Officer
Take this fantastic opportunity to be involved a vibrant and exciting company!
A great position for someone passionate about dance!
Perfect Form Physiotherapy is an holistic physiotherapy clinic dedicated to the health and well being of dancers and the general public, and are world leaders in Dance Education. Lisa Howell and her team of dedicated therapists have been leading the way in Dance Rehabilitation and the production of dedicated dance resources for over 13 years.
The role of Dance Physiotherapy and Health Promotion Officer at Perfect Form Physio is highly specialised, and therefore requires a candidate with a unique set of skills.
As Dance Physiotherapy & Health Promotion Officer you will be responsible for:
- Promoting healthy lifestyles and safe dance practice through the education of our patients and their families, individuals and community groups such as dance schools, dance teachers and recreational dance centres
- Promoting Perfect Form Physiotherapy and The Ballet Blog’s ethos of holistic physiotherapy treatment that focuses on long term exercise-based rehabilitation and not just temporary “quick-fixes”
- Designing and developing informative and educational campaigns to assist in the promotion of wellbeing for dancers using newsletters, leaflets, posters, handouts, blog posts and other digital media
- Planning and coordinating health promotion programs for dancers, in particular student workshops and dance teacher training workshops both nationally and internationally
- Monitoring and evaluating resources devoted to health & welfare, particularly in relation to dancers
- Assisting the business owner in the creation of The Ballet Blog three-tiered online membership platform for studio owners, dance teachers and dance students to promote safe dance practice, injury rehabilitation, health and wellbeing for dancers.
- Designing and creating comprehensive physiotherapist-led online courses for dance practitioners based on injury reports published by Lisa Howell to assist in the promotion of safe dance practice, injury rehabilitation, health and wellbeing for dancers.
- Liaising with other physiotherapy clinics, dance schools and dance examining bodies to discuss areas of health and welfare service cooperation and coordination
- Liaising with government bodies and dance examining bodies (such as the Royal Academy of Dance) about measures to improve health and welfare services and facilities for dancers, including the promotion of The Ballet Blog workshops and membership platforms
- Develop ongoing advertising campaigns for workshops aimed at promoting safe dance practice, health and wellbeing for dancers
To be considered for this role you must have the following pre-requisites;
- Be an Australian Citizen or a Permanent Resident of Australia
- Minimum 2 years experience in a similar role including administrative and marketing experience, ideally in the dance or healthcare industries
- A Bachelor Degree or equivalent in Dance, Dance Studies, Dance Research, Health Studies, Exercise Science or similar
- A comprehensive understanding of health, exercise and holistic fitness. Experience working one-to-one with clients is desirable
- Excellent anatomical knowledge with experience of how to incorporate exercise into a rehabilitation program
- Have a detailed working knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite, outlook and various design software
- Have a detailed working knowledge of WordPress, ideally including the WooCommerce plugin
- Thorough knowledge of the dance world in Australia and internationally, including knowledge of dance language and syllabi
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A high level of attention to detail and time-management skills
- Be adaptable and show initiative
Knowledge in these areas will also be desirable;
- Previous experience in the health and fitness industry
- Good working knowledge of health, anatomy & exercise rehabilitation
At Perfect Form Physio we are extremely passionate about what we do. So if you love what we are about we want to hear from you.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please take five minutes to fill out our questionnaire:
Please send your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org or for more information about this position please feel free to call 02 9922 7721.